- Your value is higher than you will ever realize. You should never sell yourself short, especially when it comes to men and how they treat you. You deserve to be treated well, respected, loved, and adored. Your value is not found in the way people treat you, how you feel that day, or what you have done in the past. Your value is the same from your first heartbeat to your last, and that the only person who can assign you your value is the Lord, our God, who did so when his son died on the cross for your sin.
- The bible is not a list of rules and condemnations, but a Word of truth and wisdom. There are not 568,743 commandments, but ten. If ten is too many, focus on two, love God with all your heart, and love others as you love yourself. You will find most everything else will fall into place. As for the other 568,733 rules you may find in the Bible, he wrote those not to condemn you or shame you, but because he knows our life is full of trouble. He wants to show us how we can live a life that is less wrought with pain and suffering. As we choose to sway away from his advice, its not His wrath we feel, but natural consequences that He warned us against.
- Treating people with love and respect will serve you far more than it will the people you love and respect.
- Loving and respecting people does not mean allowing people to walk all over you. You can speak your mind with respect, you can defend your opinion with respect, but if you ever need to protect yourself do whatever needs to be done.
- You are stronger than you realize. When you do feel weak, it is okay to seek help from others. Sometimes our true strength is knowing when we're not strong enough to do it on our own.
- Everyone may deserve to be treated with love and respect, but not everyone deserves to be trusted. It is okay to love someone with every fiber of your being, yet not trust them.
- Forgiveness is power. It has power over hate, shame, bitterness, betrayal, pain. It may never change the other person, but it will change you.
- Life is hard, especially in Junior High and High School. Life truly does get better with age.
- You need to be discerning with everything you hear, even if it comes from me. I am known to change my opinion, my mind, my life, my hair. Make sure you are willing to do the same when you feel its needed. We are evolving creatures and the goal is to continually grow as individuals. Allow growth, do not stay stagnant.
- You cannot judge a book by its cover. I once knew a man who was well-dressed, good-looking, well-liked, clean-cut, charming, but did one of the most evil acts I can imagine. Whereas I also had once heard of a man who spent time with hookers, hung out with thieves, and hated by many. I call this man Jesus Christ.