Later today, I will be having my IVF appointment. In the meantime, I have been looking over the paperwork they gave me from our last appointment. Mainly the statistics. I have to admit, I am ignoring anything for 35 years old and above, because those statistics are depressing.
The office I am going to success rate for the past three years is as follows:
2008 - 45.5% 2009- 48.2% 2010 - 37%
What that means is, we have about a 42% chance of having success with IVF(live birth).... or 58% chance that it won't work. That seems like a very high percentage to stake $15,000 on.
In case you are also curious, of those live births approximately 33 percent are twins. That's a pretty high statistic as well. Ai ai ai!
The one concern I have, is that our in vitro cycle will most likely be delayed due to cysts. I had one burst last night or so I assume. I was in quite a bit of pain. It usually means it is either bursting or getting too big, when I feel that amount of pain. Since I get cysts A LOT, this will probably be our biggest battle. So if you want to pray for us, those are the two areas I'd like prayer. That it will work, and cysts won't interfere with the process. The longer the process takes, the more expensive it is on us.
After six years of infertility, she was blessed with the adoption of her oldest daughter who now is a teenager. Six years later, she finally became a mother a second time, this time with a baby through a donated egg and ivf. Throughout that time, she fostered nine babies and toddlers, met wonderful women who helped her grow, and learned to rely on Jesus. She started this blog with the hope that she could share her joy, experience, and willingness to grow with others, whether they battle infertility, toddlers, or teens.