This neither upsets me nor annoys me, but rather a reminder of why I preferred my original fertility doctor. He met with me every time.
This new place is run more like a big business, which is something I generally avoid. I sometimes meet with just a nurse never even seeing a doctor. The nurses change from visit to visit, the consultation specialist is never the same, and so far I have met with a doctor three times, and all three times there was a different doctor. This doesn't exactly bother me, but makes me feel disconnected from the office. I was very attached to my last doctor and his nurses, even his office staff. At this new place, I'm just another patient. They don't know my story, just my chart. That's okay, but I do miss the personal connection with a doctor.
As far as my appt:
- My cyst grew, second cyst remained the same.
- Fluid in uterus has emptied.
- Birth control pills did not work, and I seem to have had a normal cycle, despite attempts to prevent ovulation.
- My cysts were drained.
- I will remain on birth control for the next three days.
- I will spend two days off.
- Then start shots on Wednesday.
- On Friday, I will go in for an ultrasound and they will then make a determination on when I will do the actual IVF.
- In case you were curious the procedure hurt bad! But I got meds, so it was all good!